Auditions for Marching Band are held during band camp (the week before fall semester classes begin). Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Orchestra, and Jazz Ensemble auditions are held during the first week of classes.
- Marching/Pep Bands: The famed Yellow Jacket Marching Band and Pep Bands for men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and volleyball.
- Concert Band: Comprised of 65-85 players who perform the masterworks of wind literature designed for the rich sonorities of an expanded instrumentation.
- Wind Ensemble: Comprised of 60-65 student musicians, the group explores the best in wind ensemble repertoire while realizing the limitless possibilities of winds in performance.
- Orchestra: Comprised of 80-90 student musicians, the concerts and repertoire expose participants to a variety of orchestral literature from the Classical through Contemporary periods, including popular and film music.
- Jazz Ensembles and Combos: Exploring concert jazz works from the late 1920's through the present day and techniques of improvisation.
- Percussion and MIDI: The Percussion Ensemble is a traditional concert ensemble that studies classic and contemporary literature, as well as transcriptions of standard, jazz and popular styles. The Electronic Percussion/MIDI Ensemble presents new percussion performance practices in a contemporary medium through the use of electronically triggered devices and theatrical lighting and staging.
- Chamber Ensembles: Includes the saxophone quartet, clarinet quartet, flute choir, woodwind and brass quintets, and tuba ensemble.
For further information and audition requirements, please visit the GT Bands and Orchestra website: http://gtband.net/